Life is full of ups and downs, of that there’s no doubt and the downs seem to be more frequent than the ups, you may need to make some changes to your lifestyle. For far too long, there has been a stigma around mental health and according to statistics, more than 4 million Australians will suffer mental health issues at some time in their lives. You might have a healthy perspective on life, yet you always seem to be fatigued, with that in mind, here are a few ways that you can improve the quality of your life.
1. Essential vitamins & minerals – Symptoms of lacking vitamins and minerals include a general feeling of tiredness and lethargy; visit your local vitamin store in Melbourne and buy a 3-monthsupply of an A-Z supplement. If you aren’t eating a balanced diet, you could be lacking in certain vitamins or minerals and a vitamin tablet a day will put that right.
2. Take up meditation – Meditation is very beneficial spiritually, mentally and physically; check out a few intro videos on YouTube for a complete overview of the Far Eastern practice. There are many different ways to meditate; it helps to focus on something like your breathing pattern or the ticking of a clock. Your mind is always active and by meditating, you allow your mind to rest and explore nothingness.
3. Take a much-deserved holiday – If you are a career-minded person who is always working, this can quickly lead to burnout and that is something to avoid if at all possible. Of course, there are a million reasons why you shouldn’t jet off to a tropical paradise, but you should put yourself ahead of everything else and recharge your batteries for a week or two. Your boss will understand and if you work for yourself, you don’t need anyone’s permission. Click here for details on rehab centres in Melbourne.
4. Take up a sport – Not all sports players are athletes, some play for the enjoyment the game brings, you stay in trim if you’re playing every weekend. It might be football, rugby, tennis or golf; playing a sport brings a lot of satisfaction, not to mention fun. If you are not so active, snooker or bowling are ideal and joining a club will lead to new friendships.
5. Career change – If work is not something you look forward to, maybe it’s time for a change; there are many different occupations you could choose, something that lights your fire. If you need additional training, so be it; you can enrol in an online course and that will broaden your career options. Why not look for a job overseas? This could be just what the doctor ordered.
We are living in troubled times in Australia and if you are suffering from stress, there are online mental health counsellors who can help you return to your normal positive self.