The complexities of Irish immigration laws and regulations can be overwhelming, leaving many individuals and families at a loss when trying to move to Ireland.
That’s where an experienced Ireland Immigration Advisor comes in handy. These advisors have a wealth of knowledge about the immigration process and can provide invaluable advice on visas, residency requirements, and other important considerations.
With Ireland immigration advisor assistance, you can confidently navigate through the intricacies of Irish immigration laws and regulations and feel secure that your rights as an immigrant are being respected. But immigration to Ireland is not a new phenomenon.
It’s been happening since prehistoric times. The earliest immigrants to Ireland were Stone Age hunter-gatherers who roamed across Europe before finally settling in Northern Ireland.
Then came Bronze Age farmers from Britain, who revolutionized food production in the region with advanced farming techniques such as crop rotation. And during the Iron Age, Celtic tribes migrated from various parts of Europe, bringing about major cultural changes such as an increase in Gaelic languages being spoken throughout the island nation.
Today, immigration to Ireland is on the rise, thanks to its strong economy, low unemployment rate, and welcoming culture. Work visas, student visas, and family reunification visas are the three main categories of visas available to non-European immigrants. However, all applicants must meet certain criteria to be considered.
For instance, work visas require applicants to demonstrate they have a job offer in Ireland that can’t be filled by an Irish citizen, while student visas require proof of enrollment at an approved educational institution. And family reunification visas allow family members living overseas who have been granted refugee status or subsidiary protection in another country to join their families in Ireland.
But it’s not just immigrants from outside Europe who are making the move to Ireland. The last two decades have seen a wave of immigrants from around the world entering Irish society, including those from Eastern Europe.
Many Poles, for instance, are attracted by high wages compared to their home country and have often filled roles in areas such as construction or hospitality where labour shortages exist in Ireland. In 2016 alone, over 95,000 citizens from Central and Eastern Europe were recorded as having moved to Ireland for work or study purposes, more than double any other nationality that year.
All these immigration trends have led to a dramatic shift in the immigration landscape of Ireland. Irish-born people now make up less than 80% of residents, with other nationalities making up the remaining 20%. The most common non-Irish nationality is Polish, followed closely by British nationals who continue to immigrate due to Brexit uncertainty. Other popular countries among immigrants include Nigeria, China, and India – each accounting for a sizable number of immigrants.
Ireland has experienced significant changes in its immigration patterns over the past century, from mass emigration of Irish people to immigration of diverse cultures and backgrounds. The country’s immigration advisors are invaluable resources for those seeking to move to Ireland, especially as immigration laws and regulations become more complex. But with their help and a good understanding of Irish immigration requirements, anyone can confidently make the move to this beautiful country.